MG34 E-Kasten 'wa 42 WaA' + contents
A simply superb example of the MG34 E-Kasten or Ersatzteilkasten (spare parts box), which comes complete with all of the original contents as shown!
This stunning set is housed in a steel Patronenkasten 41 model ammo can which was repurposed for use as an E-Kasten, with the appropiate stencilling, and was originally linked to the MG34 with serial number '1584'.
The tin retains nearly all of the original wartime field grey paint finish over red oxide primer. It is also very nicely Waffenamt marked and coded 'wa 42' to the lid, indicating manufacture by Hasag, Hugo Schneider AG, during 1942.
All of the handles remain fully functional whilst also featuring the original covers made from grey coloured Presstoff material!
Internally, the contents remain in mostly excellent, unissued condition and include the following:
- Mint hot barrel removal pad
- MG34 feed tray 'arz' - correct Waffenmeister spare unnumbered example
- MG34 feed block 'WaA' marked - correct Waffenmeister spare unnumbered example
- MG34 muzzle cone soak tin 'WaA778' marked
- MG34 wrench 'B WaA' marked
- MG rubber muzzle covers x20 (!)
- MG oil can 'H.J.B' maker coded
- MG belt starter tabs x2 - '2.42' & '12.40' dated
- Wood handled cleaning brush
In over a decade of collecting MG34/42 related items we can safely say that this is amongst the very best accessory sets which we have ever seen, yet alone handled! It would prove almost impossible to upgrade upon this one!
**PLEASE NOTE that this item is only available to customers whose postal address is situated within the UK mainland. No international shipping.